Wednesday, October 3, 2012

When the Kid is sick...

OK OK!! I know NONE of you have been wondering where the Favorite vlogger guy went to? Sorry that I have been non-existent on here. For those of you that are parents will understand this. The past month my little girl (or as I call her "monkey") has been sick. First it started with just a mild cold which child are prone to getting when they go to a daycare. But it was really odd has fast it hit her. (which leave me to think just what the hell are they doing at the daycare? Watching the kids lick one another?)  After about 3 days that broke and she was fine. Or so we thought. A few days after she began coughing really bad when she was sleeping. My wife and I started to give her water to drink at nights and thought that would help. But before you know it her nose began to run again with snot, and just this past weekend she had (what I thought was pink eye) some type of infection that came out of her eyes. (some yellowish stuff) It was so bad that at night when she slept or napped and awoke from it her eyes would be totally covered like a scab when you fall. Again, I am a new parent and these sorts of things have a impact on me. I want my little girl to feel better, not get worse. Its hard for me to be happy and get her mind off of it when she looks like a zombie. So this past week I have been in a "bad daddy" mode to the point I was about to shoot the next person that came up with some stupid remedy to cure her. (only replying this to a family member that side use saltwater to get rid of the infection in her eyes. and yes I am aware that does work but what about the COLD ITSELF!!) But all hope was saved and I didn't have to go hulking rage mode, because we went to the doctor yesterday and she knew right away what it was. (Some type of weird named virus) So of course she wrote a script for Jas and we picked it up just moments after leaving the doctor. Right away I could tell this stuff was working because she had a nap and I had just come back from driving into another city looking for a job (OH YEAH, that's going to be the next blog. There is some much bullshit that I am getting back from sending job applications) and the first thing I had noticed was that her eyes were not producing that yellow crap. (plus the fact that it smelled like cherries and daddy loves cherries) The only bad thing I will say about it is that I think it is laced with sugar because it kept her up for an hour past her normal bedtime, as she wanted to have a life long talk with her mother.

Today I am happy and back to my normal self along side with my little monkey. (whom I am sitting and watching her play right now on the floor) I can see she is back to her happy baby self and all is well. (except for the cough her or there) now the only thing is to get her focused on crawling forward and not backwards! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment