Monday, August 6, 2012

Egos Like no Other


Before I start I want all of you that are reading this, please understand, I am not bashing ANYONE, I am just saying what I am seeing. If you feel personally insulted or feel that I am bashing an athlete and their respect countries I am not. So take this with a grain of salt.

OKAY! After all is said and done and the smoke has settled, you know by now Bolt (right) is the fastest man on the planet. Congratulations to him and Jamaica! But now what? You just won Gold and your teammate (Blake) has come right behind you with the Silver. What do you do? You celebrate your hard earned victory. But how far do you take this victory? I guess what I am getting at is that antic that perused after the race. Now, i'll be the first to say that celebrations are typical after any well earned win or title defense. But there is another level when your so "feeling" yourself that you totally lose sight of whats going on around you. If you didn't see there race then you missed out on the 15 minute show after as Bolt went around and pretty much posed for the camera and hugged fans. But that's not what bugged me. It was when the danish interview asked him a question and the general response was "I am the greatest. I am number one." Yes sir you are correct on one thing you are the greatest (I think or hope he truly meant fastest) but to go to the level and say your number one was the one that broke the mold. Now I know some of you will say, but there are so many others (mainly americans) that say the same exact thing and you don't criticize them. Oh but we do! Take for example LeBron James. (below)

For those of you that follow the NBA (National Basketball Association) when the choice came down for him  to go to a new team and leave Cleveland, he was criticized for that. When he finally made the choice to go to Miami and they got all the way to the NBA finals only to lose to the Dallas Mavericks (after he had be asked the question how many Championship he thought they (Bosh, Wade, and LeBron) would get. And if you remember the response....Not 1,2, 3, etc)  he was criticized then as well. So if history has showed us (and we all know that it has) Usian Bolt might not want to put all his eggs in that #1 basket of his. I'm just saying.

Like before I want to inform you of how you can stay afloat with all that is going on with me. There is a new ling to the fray. If you look to the right of this you can see a box that holds links to all the YFV sites. Please go and check out the latest which is up and running on Facebook by clicking it there or here.

Lasty, before I close, I want to give a bunch of shoutouts to some of the recent danish fans I have receieved over the past few days. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't be doing this. You guys fuel me to keep this going.

Jimmi Pedersen
zuser 
krugh146
EnIbeen
Emma13kage
ifiliketrains1010

Each person has stuck with me and I am seeing constant comments from then. So much thanks to you. Check out there channels as well. Thanks for reading and Vi ses i næste blog!

~YFV

No comments:

Post a Comment